[IRCA] TP 6 Oct Gabriola version

Oh. My.    Mostly Japanese, but what a lot of them, loud too.  In addition, I had to quit before they did; breakfast had some importance also.  But, upon return at 1550UT 1287 still had a woman in JJ at reasonable strength, and 1566 had a man in CC, fadey and erratic, but still there, and readable at peaks.  774 had a big carrier, but pretty sure they had already signed off.  By the looks of the signal strength recording, this had been going on at least since 1230UT, even if I hadn't been.   And I'm not sure there will ever be time enough to winkle out the remaining interesting things on the recording.

Still best on the west FLG100 here; the northern FLG100 was never more than equal

pretty darn good audio (all of it understandable by a native speaker, at least briefly):

279 R. Rossii man in RR 1402UT; the others were not to be found
702 NHK2 EE lessons 1351UT
747 JOIB man in JJ 1401UT, late to the party
774 JOUB man in JJ 1325UT and various other times
828 JOBB EE lessons 1325 and other times
891 JOHK man in JJ 1446UT //594
972 HLCA choral  singing, laughter, spontaneous clapping 1329UT (sort of like me reacting to the DX, shades of David Clark for those who knew him).  If these are singing lessons, I'm signing up.
1053 KK jammer doing what it does best 1344UT
1287 JOHR man in JJ 1410UT
1503 JOUK man in JJ //594 1405UT
1566 HLAZ man in JJ www.FEBC mention 1340UT; back at 1418-24UT big signal w/man in Chinese, piano mx.

Reasonable audio  at  times during the period (much of it understandable by a native speaker, though often battling w/splash or noise):

567 JOIK woman in JJ //594 1443UT, probably other times, but wasn't paying attention
666 JOBK man in JJ 1417UT
864 HLKR man in KK //891 1401-03UT
873 JOGB EE lesson //774 1350UT
891 HLKB man in KK completely took over from JOHK just before 1400UT, //864, but if there was an ID, I missed it.  Best signal 1403-04UT.
954 JOKR? man and woman in JJ 1431UT
1008 JONR?    man in JJ 1401UT, man and woman in JJ 1422UT, but also various times in between; seems undermodulated.
1143 Taiwan Fisheries. woman in CC 1408UT, then pulse of music, //webstream which was delayed ~8 seconds.   A moment before as this was fading up, there were two stations, so maybe Kyoto also?
1242 JOLF? rock mx and JJ talk by woman 1445UT
1314 JOUF?  woman in fast paced JJ, followed by rock mx chords
1332 JOSF?  man in JJ 1410UT

not so reasonable audio, occasional words or phrases in splash or noise could be understood by a native speaker:

531 JOQG JJ hilarity by man and woman, almost as good as HLCA, 1414UT //594
603 HLSA likely?  quiet music 1435UT
837 man in JJ //594 1326UT
864  JOQF  woman in JJ //1287, just before 1400UT, slightly offset pips on hour, but at least one more JJ there plus HLKR judging by the man in KK
963 NHK1 man and woman in JJ //594 1434UT
1017 CNR1 / NHK2 chimes and fanfare plus ID 1400UT, but something else there also, sure enough, EE lessons //774
1071 JOWM. long slow male ballad 1353UT //1440, which I never would have caught but for this.
1089 JOHB EE lessons //774 1347UT, o/u slow instrumental mx which remains unID
1134 JOQR likely, w/JJ talk by woman before hour, but a couple of little chimes followed by a single pip on the hour 1400UT; haven't heard that before.
1152 JORB/JOPC EE lessons  //774 1413 and  1430UT
1161 Taiwan??  CC singing by woman 1330UT; things pretty non-descript by hour
1179 JOOR?  man in rapid JJ 1414UT
1440 JOWF long slow male ballad started as early as 1348UT, but ID'd by //1071 at 1353UTff. Mostly under a gardening program on a domestic, but occasionally on top.
1593 CNR1 likely.  man in CC 1436UT

Burbles in the splatter and noise (if lucky, language might be guessed at by cadence of talk, or parallel established by changes in talk or music) :

558 JOCR?  JJ inflected talk by man 1435UT
612 4QR?  woman talking 1421UT, maybe DU EE being somewhat messed up by JOLK w/JJ jollification //594
639 JOIP man in JJ //594 1403UT
846 NHK1 synchros woman and man in JJ //612
1062 HLKQ  female vocal mx //864 likely this?
1098 woman talking JJ inflection 1415UT, then pop mx faded up
1386 NHK2 synchros EE lessons //774 1348UT
1422 JORF? laid back vocal mx w/JJ sounding man just before 1426UT, lots of splatter

Strongish het, no or "near imaginary"audio (either undermodulated or ravaged by splatter):

 936 945 1269  1449 1458 1494 1512 1575 (believe it or not)

best wishes,

Nick

--

--