[IRCA] Alberta TP/DU for 9 Sep 2013

Although conditions often vary between Alberta and Puyallup, I can't argue with Gary this morning, as I also found it easily the best morning of the season to date. Mostly TP here, but with a dash of DU thrown in, particularly towards the end of my 1200-1300 session.

594 JOAK Tokyo, Japan Time pips at 1200, but precious little else, due to the Spokane IBOC.

639  unID	Traces of audio for a minute or so around 1206.

693 JOAB Tokyo, Japan Consistent fair to good signal from 1200 to near 1300.

747  JOIB  Sapporo, Japan  Good, rivalling 774 at times.

774 JOUB Akita, Japan Fair at 1200, rising to good by 1210, and approaching VG at times. It and 972 were the strongest of the TPs.

819 unID  Weak audio for about a minute at 1216.

828  JOBB  Osaka, Japan  Fair, up to good at times.

873 JOGB Kumamoto, Japan Poor-fair, //774 etc, first time hrd this season

891 unID, at 1238, cadence sounded English, so likely Australia.

945 unID, traces of audio at 1222

972 HLCA Dangjin, S. Korea After being unheard until yesterday, today it rivalled 774 for top dog.

1044 Weak audio at 1225 sounded Japanese, so I'm suspecting CRI.

1053  Korean Jammer  Strongest yet this season

1116 4BC Brisbane, AUSTRALIA Only fair, but still its best performance this season, with conversation between 2 men.

1179 unID  traces of music at 1239

1188 unID Weak talk at 1238 sounded Japanese, but too weak for 100% certainty

1566 HLAZ Cheju, S.Korea Good solid signal for most of the time between 1200 and 1300.

1611 unID, AUSTRALIA	Weak traces of audio at 1225.

Apart from those freqs with audio, quite a few others were in the "almost there" category, 558, 567, 756, 864, 954, 1323, 1593. As Gary says, hopefully a sign of what's to come (after tomorrow's inevitable dive back to mediocrity!)

73,

Nigel Pimblett
Dunmore, Alberta