[IRCA] Country # 102 heard on Ultralight Radio

[IRCA] Country # 102 heard on Ultralight Radio

Hello To All,

It was well worth the early morning rise this morning as there was good propagation from the south as rarely heard here , WBAP on 820 from Ft. Worth , Texas had a decent signal as well as numerous Cuban outlets. Radio Coro from Venezuela on 780 also making an appearance.

As I checked the lower part of the band I heard Spanish on 550 with a pretty good signal thinking that it was probably the usual Venezuela or Cuba . To my surprise , I began to hear Radio Colonia ID's and mentions of Uruguay.

The station remained audible for quite some time all by itself on the frequency until it began to fade as sunrise approached.

Thus a new country for the Ultralight log once again.

550 khz - URUGUAY - CW1 Radio Colonia, Colonia del Sacramento 8:00 UTC w/ woman in Spanish quoting many uno's and quatro's, definitive "Radio Colonia" & " programa Radio Colonia " ID's as well as mentions of Uruguay by the woman and also repeated by a man afterwards. (Signal was all alone by itself on frequency )

Ultralight Station # 1114 Ultralight Country # 102 Latin Station # 236

Receiver: SRF-M37W barefoot

Good DX

Allen Willie  VOPC1AA
Bristol's Hope, Newfoundland