[IRCA] Comm Radio CR-1 going from $500 to $599 Th 8/1

[IRCA] Comm Radio CR-1 going from $500 to $599 Th 8/1

If you're really interested you ought to call Aerostream: tell them that you heard about the CR1 show & tell & demo scheduled for this week's DX Convention. Chances are they might honor the old price another week for convention attendees, or say you can order now & they won't charge the card (the introductory price) until they ship, which will likely be after you get back, so there is a chance to cancel order.

LW, MW, & SW are all good here, using Quantum loops for LW & MW. Something tunable loop or preselector or low pass filter liked needed to keep MW off LW & Sony ANLP-1 indoor amplified antenna that has high pass filter to keep MW off SW. SW just a very few distorted weak spurs likely from KCMP-89.3 with 96kw @ maybe 10 miles. I don't recommend the radio for FM & NOAA weather as range is half that of my best portables. More details at commradio.com & much discussion on radioreference.com under SDRs.

If you want to attend the convention, registration is $45 for Pavek Museum Admission & Fri eve Pizza Fest (maybe other food possible) & Saturday Banquet 8 oz sirloin, baked potato, green beans, salad, bread, chocolate cake, coffee or tea. If you don't pay by Tu afternoon $46 Paypal, registration at convention is possible but you might need to order off the menu. See nrcdxas.org or contact Mark Durenberger Mark4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

DXpedition Th eve 6PM-10PM Carpools from Holiday Inn 94th St & I-35W, eating along the way near Dakota Co 42  & Nicollet to Lac Lavon Park in Burnsville, 5501 Lac Lavon Dr is address for huge picnic shelter's parking lot, which behind it is open field 300' N-S by 600' E-W. See it on Google maps! I'll be using the CommRadio CR-1 portable miniature communications receiver w/Quantum loops or maybe other antennas. This location is in the null of most locals!

Bringing my Tecsun PL-310 to check for tropo & e-skip. Will bring some non-toxic Cutter Natural Bug Spray for use by all. Need to get going on my show & tell for CR-1 & why/how to start beacon DXing. 73, George S., MN