[IRCA] Alberta DU for 27 July 2013

This morning looked like a dud when I first tuned in at 1100, with even Tahiti's carrier very weak. Indeed, Tahiti never did reach audio today, and most of the other carriers were weaker than the past while. Was pleasantly surprised when I reached the X-band though, to find weak audio on both 1629 and 1701. Multiple carriers at varying offsets noted on 1629. 1701 had two distinct ones, of similar strength. Brisvaani has been heard here numerous times (though never in July), and the music I heard could certainly have been them, but with a weak signal (and IBOC noise from 1690) it was hard to be certain. The two strongest non-Xband carriers were on 1566 and 1575, both very near to audio, so evidently the higher frequencies were strongly favoured today.

73,

Nigel Pimblett
Dunmore, Alberta