[IRCA] Surprise DX on 1410!

Sat down in the easy chair tonight to do some "catch-up" work on my job search log, picked up my DT-400W to do some casual tuning around, and was quite surprised to hear an ID from "Archangel Radio, 1410 WNGL" in Mobile, AL, as they were heading into the "Live Hour" program at 9:00 PM CDT.

I had not heard this station before, so I did some quick research and found out that before becoming WNGL, Catholic Radio for the Archdiocese of Mobile, AL, the station had been WUNI from 1963 to 1984.  I verified them in 1979 when I lived in Charlotte, NC.  They sent me a small "WUNI-Bird" lapel pin with my verie!!

If you hear them, their website is www.wngl1410am.com

They also stream online via TuneIn at tunein.com/radio/WNGL-1410-s30845/

I also found a great link for digging into the history of Alabama broadcasters!  It's the Alabama Broadcast Media Page.  The link is at:
www.almediapage.info/

73 and Good DX,

Steve Ponder, N5WBI
Houston, TX

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God
who has endowed us with sense, reason, and
intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)