Re: [IRCA] TP 8 Jul; Victoria version

Hi Walt,

<<<    Nick, and Gary, I'm planning on DXing in Masset as well during this time frame (I'll be up there from July 19 to August 5, and if possible, DXing from July 20th onward).  So it should be a good time to //.   >>>

Glad to know that you'll be DXing in Masset during the Oregon cliff DXpeditions this month, Walt! Derek also plans to be checking the band in California, and I understand that the Yachats group plans to have three different antennas set up (near sea level, at the Highway 101 turnoff, and on top of 805' Cape Perpetua). Along with my own Ultralight DXpedition to the Rockwork cliff south of Cannon Beach, the coordinated event may end up being a propagation science bonanza.

<<<    One comment on the cliffs being immune.  To a certain degree, I can say the same about Masset.  There have been many times when absolutely zilch was being heard in Victoria/WA, while I was having a great time hearing all sorts of exotic DX, like India and Bangladesh.   >>>

Actually, Walt, your July 2011 DU-DXing results at Rose Spit provided the most detailed high-band New Zealand logging information that I've ever seen. I keep a copy of it on hand for reference during my Ultralight "Cliffhanger" DXpeditions, but since I almost always run out of live DXing time before investigating the high band Kiwis, there hasn't been any chance to chase them.

73, Gary