From: "Brett Saylor" <bsaylor@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, July 03, 2013 8:40 PM
To: "Mailing list for the International Radio Club of America" <irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [IRCA] AM LOGBOOK TO CLOSE

I've been DXing since the early 1970's but only got seriously involved in
medium wave around 1996 (so I don't have the same experience base as those
of you who lived through the "golden years" of the hobby), and my
enthusiasm for DXing has remained fairly constant during most of those
years. I currently use a 16' x 36' superloop with a Perseus on my suburban
lot, and last year was able to log about 170 new stations in large part due
to that setup. I've been fighting noise issues during most of that time
but, so far, seem to be able to come up with solutions that let me continue to listen. Once or twice a year I'll also go to a DX-friendly location like
the beach and record a couple of nights' worth of SDR recordings which
gives me plenty to go through for the rest of the year. So, for me, anyway,
there is till a lot of challenges left in the hobby and I continue to look
forward to DXing for as long as I can.

Thanks to Lee and Barry and all the others who donate so much time and
effort to provide top-notch information.

Brett Saylor