[IRCA] Mostly Mexican MW DX to Enid OK, June 21-27, 2013

[IRCA] Mostly Mexican MW DX to Enid OK, June 21-27, 2013

All times and dates strictly UT. Rx: mostly DX-398 with internal antenna only. Or FRG-7, Sony SRF-59 when specified.

These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimes, utility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

** MEXICO. 660, June 26 at 0600 UT, Chihuahua anthem is ending, then full ID but for FM side only, XHACB, 98.9, La Lupe, Ciudad Delicias, street address. Quite by chance my only two XE logs today are both from this town which is a frequent visitor. Cantú shows this one is:
660 XEACB La Lupe + FM 98.9 Cd. Delicias, Chih. 3,000 1,000
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 710-, June 21 at 0548 UT, some station is off frequency to the lo side, making a LAH, and the het loops NE/SW along with the dominant audio which I qualify as música romántica. Yet I still suspect it is XEDP, La Ranchera de Cuauhtémoc, Chihuahua, which is the usual dominant despite being listed by Cantú as the lowest-power of all XEs on 710, only 100 watts at night (7 kW day) but frequently heard elsewhen, it`s not off-frequency (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 770, June 25 at 0513 UT, Mexican music is dominating, 0515 ``más info en Grupo Fórmula, Estilo de Vida`` segment. Music must have been just a break in the talk format via XEACH, Monterrey NL (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 850, June 21 at 0544 UT, dominant signal is not KOA but Spanish from about 90 degrees away, Milenio Radio with newstalk, ID/promo as 103punto7.com (I don`t find such a website or with variations; maybe just part of an e-mail address) and at 0545, ``XHHEM 103.7 y XEM 850, Milenio Radio, Chihuahua, Chihuahua``. As KOA is fading back in but still it`s the one to be heard in a null of XEM rather than vice-versa. Per Cantú, XEM is 500 watts night, 5 kW day, and confirms the FM 103.7 call – in this case with an original 3-letter AM call, a double-H gets inserted for the duplicator

{and BTW, I can remember when the channel 3 in Mexicali was XEM-TV, before it became XHBC-TV; maybe to go with a radio station there. Wikipedia says it was XEM-TV from *1957y to 1959} (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 1180, June 26 at 0544 UT, from music to Soriana ad (national department store chain), 0545 ``Que Buena, Ciudad Delicias, Chihuahua, 11, 44``. OK with Cuba nulled and KFAQ 1170 Tulsa IBOC noise minimized as much as possible. Cantú shows this is:
1180 XEJK Ke buena + FM 95.3 Cd. Delicias, Chih. 5,000 1,500
I also had two logs of this last October (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)