Re: [IRCA] Guy Atkins compares some 21st Century antennas.

Re: [IRCA] Guy Atkins compares some 21st Century antennas.

Interestingly, for TA's here, my unamplified 3' box loop is often a bit of a contender with the northerly Flag (otherwise the best TA antenna). But it doesn't do nearly as well as the westerly Flag on TPs. In recent years, I'd attributed that to the increasing local noise level which wreaks havoc on indoor antennas, because in the distant past that loop heard many good Asiatics and DUs .

best wishes,

Nick

At 02:28 15-06-13, you wrote:
WOW !! shocking difference between even the 12" FSL and the ALA100. If anyone wonders why I use large outside antennas, this is why. I've seen similar differences between the Phased BOG System and Kiwa Loop for TA's in Grafton WI. ie TA's audible on about 40 channels (some with more than 1) on the PBS, but audible on less than 10 channels on the Kiwa and only those that were armchair on the PBS like France 1206 were audible at all on the Kiwa.

73 KAZ