Re: [IRCA] Poor BOG reception

What kind of noise was it? Perhaps your BOG was aimed into a big T storm cell a few hundred miles away, although I don't recall any. It's always a good idea to check on the car rx or to have a portable along to see if they have the same issues with noise as your DXped antenna.

With my western antennas here in IL, if there are major T-storms in NE,KS or the Dakotas my noise level will start increasing soon after sunset and can get to the point that it is unpleasant to DX.

73 KAZ