[IRCA] Good cx to WNW from IL tonight

Just in case someone in the midwest is still awake or wakes up and checks email prior to some DXing.

Winter like cx right now to my west and NW with things like CKWX 1130 and KNTS 1680 in quite well at times. KLFE Freedom 1590 is also sometimes atop KVGB. 1480 has KRAE atop about half the time with oldies. Similar stuff on other channels indicative of considerably better cx than normally experienced here this late in April.

I fixed up my endfire (ie two inline and phased) Double KAZ array today. All these storms and endless rain didn't do it or anything in IL any good. Was shocking to see what a directivity improvement and drop in QRN I got once I repaired a termination resistor connection tonight.

This array with its beamwidth of 80 degrees or less and wide backside null width is the best antenna system I've ever used here in IL. But it comes down tomorrow as I know the DX season is winding down and need to test a broadside array (ie side by side). While I'd like to space them several hundred feet apart I only have 265 ft here but that will still be a big help in narrowing upper AM band beamwidth.

73 KAZ Barrington IL .. Perseus and Endfire Double KAZ array at 285 deg