[IRCA] My 500th K!

1030   KCWJ   Blue Springs, MO  -  3/17 0323-0345 EDT  -  Under and occasionally equal to WBZ with Southern Gospel music; WBZ made voice announcements difficult, but made out " ... the latest gospel music from your favorite artists ... anchored for life ... KCWJ" at 0323, and " ... back to the basics of life ... KCWJ" at 0339.  MO #85.  Thanks to Saul Chernos for noticing this and to Rick Dau for IDing it!

Yep, my 500th K-call.  The three frequencies where I never was able to hear one:

820   Nearest one is in Utah - I'm not holding my breath.  Of course, if that new W in Wilton, MN ever requested a K-call, the FCC might grant it, being as it's Minnesota and all ...

650   I keep trying to null WSM at Houston sunset in hopes of hearing 250 watt daytimer KIKK signing off.  So far no luck.  Then come Wyoming and Utah.  Utah's 2007 DX test couldn't even make it here, though ...

570   Dallas is easily enough heard here.  BUT ...when I first heard it in 1970, it was WFAA.  I don't count call changes.  Just the first call I hear the station under.  So WFAA it stays.  Forever.  My other west of the Mississippi catch on 570, in Yankton, shows up every decade or so.  It's South Dakota's only AM W-call ... KSNM in Las Cruces, NM (a state from which I've heard all of six stations) is the next one as you head west.  Not lookin' too good ...

Disclosure time: my lone K on 1670 is KTRK, a temporary U.S. Army experimental station that was on the air for a few days in 1996, broadcasting from Fort Meade, MD.

Steve Francis
Alcoa, Tennessee

Realistic TRF
Select-a-tenna