[IRCA] KBXD DX Test [non]

** U S A. 1480, March 17 at 0501 UT, much publicized 50 kW day-pattern DX test from KBXD Dallas, supposed to be tones, etc., on the hour and half-hour between 05 and 07 UT, but all I can hear for a moment in the heavy QRM is Brother Scare, who has been on KBXD for quite some time, presumably his only 1480 station.

I don`t `need` KBXD since I have been hearing it since its first on-air tests after reconstruxion months ago. But also checked 0530-0532, again nothing like a DX test, and at 0532 the hoarsevoice of BS audible. Again at 0559 a bit of BS dominant for a moment, then gone.

This did lead me to another intriguing log of an unID from MEXICO, q.v. (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 1480, March 17 at 0600 UT, reconfirming that the KBXD DX test in not happening, instead I get something in Spanish, ID sounds like ``La Fogata Norteña``, into choral NA. It must have been short version as retuned at 0602 I had already missed a more specific ID. No such slogan listed anywhere for a Mexican 1480 station; searching on it leads only to a restaurant in México DF! Fogata means bonfire:

LA FOGATA NORTEÑA
AV. INSURGENTES CENTRO
COL. SAN RAFAEL
C.P. 06470  DELEGACION CUAUHTEMOC

Of the 1480s listed, most likely one of: Monterrey, Monclova, Delicias. But is it really a new station slogan or another restaurant? (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)