[IRCA] Mostly Mexican MW DX to Enid OK, March 1-7, 2013

[IRCA] Mostly Mexican MW DX to Enid OK, March 1-7, 2013

All times and dates strictly UT. Rx: mostly DX-398 with internal antenna only. Or FRG-7, Sony SRF-59 when specified.

These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimes, utility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

** MEXICO. 730, March 3 at 1342 UT, gobierno federal PSA, Grupo Radiorama promo, Ke Buena ID with 107.1, i.e. the usual dominator XEHB, Hidalgo del Parral, Chihuahua, back to music (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO [and non]. 960, March 2 at 0601 UT, during KGWA Fox-hole of carrier only, clearly hear ID ``Desde Nuevo Laredo, escuchan XEK, la estación grande``. No XEW chimes, however. This was amid some ballad music which continued, so not sure if ID interrupted same on XEK or that was from another Mexican like XEFAMA, also heard previously. By 0604 also mixing in dueling banjos from `Deliverance`, probably from WABG in Mississippi (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 1300, March 6 at 1340 UT, deliberately stammering promos for effect, Radio México Noticias, quick list of international bridge traffic delays, including Zaragoza just downstream, weather, i.e. XEP Ciudad Juárez, Chihuahua; 1342 Hugo Chávez bio (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 2910, March 3 at 1213 UT, XEVT, Villahermosa, Tabasco, 3 x 970 harmonic is peaking about now, as good as it ever gets. Recording:
http://www.w4uvh.net/XEVT2910.rm

Starts with timecheck for 6:13, and a few other peaks of readable Spanish audio, such as mention of ``mujer y el poeta``. Catching call letters is very difficult, rarely mentioned, but previously firmly IDed. Altho I`ve heard it many times, I haven`t yet seen a single other report of it from anyone (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 880, March 3 at 1314 UT, spirited discussion in Spanish, mentions mujeres, ``cien metros`` a couple times, so maybe about women`s track & field? In tight null of KRVN N/S. No KLRG now which often occupies that null, from AR to the east. Previously had XEV Chihuahua city which is a R. Fórmula news/talker, best bet, but also XETC ``Kiuu`` == Q as pronounced in English, Torreón, Coahuila. Sports talk is format for XEAAA Guadalajara, Ultra per IRCA Log, but doubt it`s that at this hour (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 1179, March 3 at 0712 UT, off-frequency making a het against 1180s. Again I check the nulls and conclude it`s from the NW/SE, not the NE/SW. My previous log of this happened to be when Spain was inbooming to New York on 1179, NRC`s Bruce Conti says, and he thought I was getting it too, along with 1521 from Spain, not Saudi Arabia. But my 1179 is definitely not from Europe`s direxion, and most likely one of the multiple Rebelde Cubans straying (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)