Re: [IRCA] New England Storm???? sorry, OT>>>

Re: [IRCA] New England Storm???? sorry, OT>>>

OK, this is increasingly not about DX, but my hometown, Victoria, BC is one of the least snowy places in Canada, a few inches a year usually (too warm in the winter). But given that marvellous coverage of the Great Canadian Blizzard, it's quite difficult to find out what Victoria went through in late 1996, which was considerably deeper, and happened over one day:

http://www.cbc.ca/archives/categories/environment/extreme-weather/extreme-weather-general/bc-digs-out-from-the-blizzard-of-96.html

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/news/storm_watch_stories3&stormfile=a_look_back_at_victorias__291211

I suspect the local tourist bureau erases references as quickly as they appear, and of course the rest of Canada doesn't want to know because they'd rather laugh at our inability to handle the couple of inches that we normally get.....and, on a personal level, we've since plastered over the cracks that appeared in our ceiling from the weight of the snow on the roof, so it's as if it never happened.

best wishes,

Nick