[IRCA] Alberta TPs for 16 Jan 2012

The job had me out of town yesterday, so I can't compare to conditions then, but today was actually very good for TPs in January. None of the exotic trans-polar stuff, but the more mundane TPs were pretty good for January. Audio I noted:

567 - just traces of audio at 1504, presumably JOIK from Japan
594 - Japan, JOAK, strong enough to cut through the Spokane IBOC by 1504
648 Russia, RFA, woman speaking in Korean at 1505  (First time this season)
693 Japan, JOAB.good signal at 1457
747 Japan,  JOIB, fair signal at 1459
774 Japan, JOUB, good signal at 1500
828 Japan, JOBB, good at 1506
945  man speaking at 1505, a bit too weak to determine language.
972 Korea, HLCA, very consistent this morning from 1450 tune in to past 1515.
1179 Japan, JOOR, two woman in talking in Japanese at 1505
1188 Japan, JOKP. at good level with man speaking in Japanese at 1504, and stayed at good level for 15 minutes or so.
1242 Japan, JOLF, with man in Japanese at 1502
1269 unID, "barely there" audio, with man speaking at 1503
1287 Japan, JOHR, man speaking in Japanese at 1502
1305  unID, another with"barely there" audio, with man speaking at 1503
1314 Japan, JOUF,  weak audio, with talk by a woman at 1507
1332 unID, traces of audio with man and woman speaking at 1501
1422 unID, just traces of audio at 1505
1566 Korea, HLAZ, fair at 1505.

Hearing 648 and getting such a good signal on 1188 were the surprises of the morning. The very upper end of the dial seemed a bit down, as HLAZ was rather lacklustre, and I didn't hear any audio at all from VOA on 1575.

73,

Nigel Pimblett
Dunmore, Alberta
Perseus SDR, Wellbrook Phased Array