From: Jim Renfrew <jrenfrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: sylvainnaud62 <sylvainnaud62@xxxxxxxxx>; amdx <amdx@xxxxxxxxxx>; irca <irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; Marc DeLorenzo <midcapemarc@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Thu, Jan 10, 2013 6:25 pm
Subject: Re: [IRCA] [Amdx] India on 1071

Definitely heard in Newfoundland in 2011, and perhaps earlier than that.  In
2011 it was markedly stronger - a new transmitter I believe.  Several dozen
other Indians heard from there, though I did better in 2010 as I recall.

Of course, Sylvain's reception is all the more remarkable because he is
inland, while in Newfoundland we were right on the ocean in Cappahayden.
Allen is also well-situated for this kind of reception.

The Perseus makes it possible to pick them off at sign-on time.  0020 UTC is
a good time to aim for, with a distictive sign-on tune.

The first one we logged was 1566 many years ago, and it was entertaining to
watch Dave Clark dance around the room with joy.  (He was widely known as an
Indian shortwave expert).  We even proposed putting up a brass plaque on the
grounds of the now torn-down DX Inn to mark the event.  There are plaques
like this in various places around Newfoundland for first Transatlantic
flights, radio transmissions, undersea cable, etc.  So why not India?

1071 is not so hard now that CBA has gone to FM, and there's not a lot of
stuff on the air in Europe either.

Well-done, Sylvain!

Jim Renfrew, Holley NY