Re: [IRCA] Puyallup, WA Ultralight TP's for 12-21

Re: [IRCA] Puyallup, WA Ultralight TP's for 12-21

Hi Stephen,

<<<   Was wondering ... what's with the lack of the Tecsuns and using an older-model
FSL in your recent home loggings? Did the weather on the cliff really do your
PL-380 and FSL in THAT bad? Or are they being used for other projects?   >>>

Well, the vicious weather on the Oregon cliff last month did temporarily knock out both the newer-model 8" FSL and 7.5" loopstick PL-380, but they were both restored the same day (November 12th). The reason for using the back up gear for TP-DXing recently is because we frequently have rainy weather here in western Washington this time of year, and it's a hassle to set up the regular equipment in the back yard under such conditions. It's much easier to grab the backup gear hanging around the bedroom, and conveniently log TP's in dry comfort (although this probably reduces Asian signal strength a little).

Of course, if some high-priority TP-DX were to show up, the rejuvenated 2012 FSL and hot-rodded PL-380 would once again be subjected to the "drench test" in the back yard.

73, Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA)

I wish you would have had time to record the earlier session. :)  Sometime I'd
like to see videos of your TP DXing.
Was wondering ... what's with the lack of the Tecsuns and using an older-model
FSL in your recent home loggings? Did the weather on the cliff really do your
PL-380 and FSL in THAT bad? Or are they being used for other projects?

73,
Stephen Airy