[IRCA] Mostly Mexican MW DX to Enid OK, November 23-29, 2012

[IRCA] Mostly Mexican MW DX to Enid OK, November 23-29, 2012

All times and dates strictly UT. Rx: mostly DX-398 with internal antenna only.

These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimes, utility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

** MEXICO. 960, UT Friday Nov 23 at 0600, local KGWA Enid resumes a Fox-hole after lapsing into modulation the past two nights. Dominant signal this time with KGWA carrier nulled, is Spanish, mostly music after mentioning Monterrey, where there is no 960 station, and likely the usual XEK Nuevo Laredo, Tamaulipas (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 960, UT Mon Nov 26 at 0600 UT, local KGWA goes silent and this time I get another clear ID under the open carrier mentioning ``frontera, Nuevo Laredo, XEK, transmitiendo en la frecuencia de 960 kHz con una potencia de 5 mil watts`` and then the 4 descending XEW chimes, followed by music but fading into the other QRM (Glenn Hauser, Enid OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 960, Nov 29 at 0600 UT, local KGWA Enid again in dead air Fox-hole, and dominant understation with carrier nulled is music in Spanish; 0602 mentions ``Ciudad Camargo, Chihuahua``, so I am sure it is an ID and not from XEK Nuevo Laredo this time, but the CCCh station on 960, XEFAMA! 0603 onward with operetta of operatic quality singing:
``960 XEFAMA Radio Fama, La Grandota + FM 97.5 Cd. Camargo, Chih. 10,000 1,000`` per Cantú. Two XEs down and 11 to go on 960. Grandota means the big one. Imagine what calls US stations could display with five or even six letters! (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 1000, Nov 24 at 0600 UT, easily audible in KTOK null is full ID from ``La Rancherita``, ``desde donde comienza la patria``, Ciudad Juárez, XEFV (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 1030, Nov 29 at 0627 UT all I catch is a timecheck in Spanish for 11-27, before music loses to CCI, so that rules out US stations, and I am hoping there is only one Mexican in UT -7; but there are two per Cantú:
1030 XEYC  Radio Fórmula    Cd. Juárez, Chih.  5,000   500
1030 XEMPM Exa FM + FM 98.9 Los Mochis, Sin.  10,000 1,000
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. TP carrier search just after sunrise Nov 23 at 1320-1323 UT: JBA carriers on 774, 828, 882, 1422, 1593 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)