[IRCA] Mostly Mexican MW DX to Enid OK, November 16-22, 2012

[IRCA] Mostly Mexican MW DX to Enid OK, November 16-22, 2012

All times and dates strictly UT. Rx: mostly DX-398 with internal antenna only.

These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimes, utility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

** MEXICO. 730, Nov 21 at 1340 UT, ``Que Buena, 107.1 FM`` ID and music; oops, must misspell it, make that Ke Buena, as in Cantú:
730 XEHB Ke buena + FM 107.1 Hidalgo del Parral, Chih. 50,000 1,000
This was the only significant XE signal as I scanned the entire band 25 minutes after sunrise here. And was one of the regulars during the NW Mexican SRS peak season in Sept-Oct, now apparently well over (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 702, Nov 18 at 1233 UT, only 9-kHz channel TP carrier I can find is here, presumably 50 kW 2BL, ABC Sydney, Australia, the usual suspect. I wonder if many of these, mostly along the populated coasts, use direxional antennas to avoid wastage overwater? (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 720, Nov 18 at 1303 UT, choral Mexican NA, seems WSW, but losing to WGN(?) at 1306 before it`s over. Probably XEJCC in Juárez (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 900, Nov 18 at 1214 UT, Mexican NA, 1215 maybe same station with funny voices. Odd time, maybe observing local sunrise somewhere? (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 930, Nov 17 at 1259 UT again getting another station with Spanish music when WKY OKC groundwave is precisely nulled. Maybe this time an ID?? Grrr, at 1300 only a non-ID, but clearly: ``Radio Cumbre 9-30`` by SHVA (super-hype voice actor), right back to another upbeat song in Spanish.

Cannot find anything by Googling or in all the references for USA or Mexico. Suspect KCCC Carlsbad NM in a recent flip from oldies, so I ask Jerry Kiefer, ex-Roswell. No, he says: ``KCCC is still oldies, but for sale. With the fulltime FM in Carlsbad Spanish and 740 Spanish part of the day, not much market. Sorry I can't be of much help.`` Ideas, anyone? (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 1040, Nov 21 at 0601 UT, in WHO null with 4 Hz SAH, ``Smoke Gets In Your Eyes``, 0603 Spanish song by a gringo, ``Acompáñame``. I`m suspecting Cuba; only 1040 listed in WRTH is Radio Mayabeque, but seems to be a full-service station; programación link at http://www.radioguines.icrt.cu/ is 404, but they do have an English sexion.

How about Mexico? Here`s a fit in IRCA 2011 Log: XEHES Chihuahua, whose very name is ``Romántica``, 24 hours irregular, 5000/250 watts. In the NRC AM Log 2012, there are several SS US stations on 1040, but all talk, sports or religion (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 1470, Nov 18 at 1205-1208 UT, Mexican NA, seems from SW, but heavy CCI and could not pull any ID afterwards (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)