Saul:

How about the often heard (at Newfoundland) Lesotho rather than the never-heard Mozambique? The EMWG schedule does not say whats on the air at 2100 but I bet it's a good possibility.

Chuck

On 11/26/2012 7:03 PM, Chernos Saul wrote:
Hi Allen,There's an 1179 in Mozambique. It does some Portuguese, not sure what else. Germany does relay RFI France at times - maybe you heard a program aboyt Africa on a Euro station?
As usual I enjoy reading your reports. I was unable to consider a trip to Newfoundland for a DXpedition this year, and I don't think anyone else went this year either, so you're DXing for all of us!Saul  > Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 16:17:26 -0800
From: vo1_001_swl@xxxxxxxx
To: irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [IRCA] Newfoundland Medium Wave Logs  Nov 24 - 26

Hello To All,

Here are some recent logs from the past few evenings

UNIDENTIFIEDS

1098 - Unidentified  20:47 UTC  Nov 25  Arabic talk, shouting (Likely Arabia )
1197 - Unidentified  21:10 UTC Nov 26  African sounding chanting
1540 - Unidentified 9:43 UTC  Nov 25  various Oldies including, Kool & The Gang, Ian Mathhews, Diana Ross & Boney M, no ID heard then signal faded

Receivers: Yaesu FRG-100 & Kenwood R-5000 w/ 320' wire
                 Sony SRF-M37W  barefoot

Good DX

Allen Willie
Bristol's Hope, Newfoundland