[IRCA] Puyallup, WA Ultralight TP's for 11-8

[IRCA] Puyallup, WA Ultralight TP's for 11-8

Hello All,

As Nick reported, Asiatic TP's were unusually strong here this morning around the sunrise period. With only 25 minutes to check the band (from 1440 to 1505) I discovered huge big gun signals showing up from both Japan and Korea (594, 657, 747, 972, 1053 and 1134 kHz). 603 kHz had a mix of two TP's around 1455 (as reported by Dennis), one of which may have been the relatively obscure 5 kW NHK1 station JOOG (the language on the MP3 recording sounds Japanese, but 594-JOAK wasn't in for a // check at the time). Chinese stations on 603, 639, 738 and 936 kHz were coming in at a fair level. A pretty wild band, considering that TP's during the the Asian sunset period (0930-1030) sounded almost comatose this early morning. Like Nick, I'll need to post the details later.

73 and Good DX,
Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA, USA)
7.5" MW loopstick Tecsun PL-380 +
8" Medium Wave FSL antenna