From: Rick Dau <drummer1965usa@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tue, Nov 6, 2012 5:41 am
Subject: Re: [NRC-AM] Memphis 990, Virginia 710

And from the "How the mighty have fallen" file...

I was curious of what Knoxville on 990 was up to these days, so I Googled and found that they are now WNML "The Sports Animal".

*heavy sigh*  Twenty years ago, this was the top-rated country music station in the NATION as WIVK.  Got a great tour of the station from GM Mickey Dearstone during the 1990 IRCA convention.  Their signal used to bomb into the Midwest during the overnights after CBW signed off at 0108 CLT.  What I wouldn't give to hear some old WIVK "Wivick" 990 airchecks from the late 80s and early 90s...

73,
Rick (waxing nostalgic) Dau
South Omaha, Nebraska