Re: [IRCA] Mostly Mexican MW DX to Enid OK, September 21-27, 2012

Re: [IRCA] Mostly Mexican MW DX to Enid OK, September 21-27, 2012

I mistakenly mixed KXOL 1660 into my 1650 unID log, so corrected:

UNIDENTIFIED. 1650, Sept 24 at 1204 UT, romantic music in
Spanish, ``la música continúa sin comerciales, en
María(??)``. Not at all sure of that name, probably wrong.
Seems to be from east-west, but I also need to null local
KFXY 1640 which is SSE, so that may be skewed. Could be KSVE
El Paso TX, NRC AM Log listed with romántica format; not the other US SS station KBJD Denver which is religious. Could DXer Vance in El Paso confirm activity status of KSVE?

However, it`s hard to imagine such stations announcing
proudly as non-commercial. New XEARZ in Mexico City has been
doing just that, per reports. As in non-profit, per Cantú:
``1650 XEARZ Zer Radio 5,000 watts. Permisionada (sin fines
de lucro) pero parte de Grupo Zer``

Still no definite logs of that known from north of the
border, altho Bryan Clark has heard it (very) south of the
border, in New Zealand, August 23 at 0609, 0658, so it is
(or was) all-night. Definite logs of KSVE are just as rare
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)