[IRCA] TP reception for 14Sep2012 from Victoria

[IRCA] TP reception for 14Sep2012 from Victoria

I just went through my Perseus wav files from this morning.  Overall,
conditions were only so-so.  I suspect that I chose the wrong times to
record, as there was virtually nothing noted in the 5 minute periods
covering 12:00, 12:30, and 13:00 UTC.  13:30-ish was much more
productive with most of the loggings being Asiatic and primarily in
the bottom half of the band.  SF was 98, A-5, and K-2.  I did note a
few DU stations, but it was mostly the 1st tier JJ stations which
dominated.  I had a lot of domestic splatter today.  The antenna used
was a West directed corner fed loop, with a 16:1 matching transformer,
and about 1200 ohm termination.  As usual, no comments indicate a "5"
level, ie threshold signal.  In many instances, the signal wasn't too
bad, but obliterated by local splatter:

567, 576
594:  JOAB Tokyo at up to 9 level around 13:30
612:  7 level 4QR at 13:28
621:  7 level unid with music at 13:36
738:  6 level with too much splatter today
747:  JOIB, Sapporo with 8 level signal at 13:34
792:  7 level EZL instrumental music at 13:34.  Not sure for sure who
this was.
801:  6 level at 13:29
819:  6 level at 13:30
828:  8 level JOBB Osaka at 13:27
864
873:  7 level, presumed JOGB, Kumamoto at 13:30
891 7 level at 13:29 Not sure for sure, who.
918, 945
954:  7 level with too much splatter.  I suspect this was JOKR, as JJ
audible. at 13:31
963:  6 level, music audible at 13:20
972:  Strong 8 level KK at 13:27  HLCA Dangjin
1008
1053:  7 to 8 level KK Jammer at 13:20
1098:  OC at 7 level 13:20
1323
1566:  Barely a 7 level at 13:20 for HLAZ

New tactic for tomorrow:  start later, and listen longer!
73,......Walt Salmaniw, Victoria, BC