[IRCA] West Coast DXpedition - 29th-30th August

[IRCA] West Coast DXpedition - 29th-30th August

In light of all the wonderful dx reports I am
seeing, my wife and I are packing up some gear
and heading to Jordan River (Point no Point Cabins)
for a much needed peek into what is happening
at a coastal location.

I am seeing almost daily reports from all the
good folks in the North West - but mark your
calendars anyway. It will be interesting to
see what is happening simultaneously
on the medium-waves (and long waves) on
Wednesday and Thursday morning of this coming
week.

Will definitely have a Gary Debock super-modified
Tecsun but no Russian Gatling Ferrite gun antennas or
anything, a Wellbrook ALA100, maybe the Eton E1
or a Sony 2010 - going old school.

For the amateur radio inclined, I will likely be running
80, 40, 20, 15 and 10 QRP in the afternoons and evenings -
as well a 2 meters via an Olympic Peninsula repeater system.

Good DX to all - the season is upon us.

Colin Newell - DXer.ca - Radio junkie since 1971.
Amateur Radio - VA7WWV