From: Nick Hall-Patch <nhp@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Fri, Aug 24, 2012 10:55 am
Subject: [IRCA] TP for 24 Aug 2012; preliminary Victoria version

Still have recordings to go through, but here's a preliminary version of what
was heard this AM, all Asiatic, at least so far.  1269 was a nice surprise,
though has been heard here a couple of times before. I don't know what it's
secret to success is, as Obihiro is inland.   Ironically, I've driven through
the town several years ago, and obviously should have checked out the antenna
site, hi.

pretty darn good audio (all of it understandable by a native speaker, at least
briefly):

none

reasonable audio  at  times during the period (much of it understandable by a
native speaker, though often battling w/splash or noise):

1287 JOHR  man and woman in JJ, fading up 1303UT //1269
1566 HLAZ 1300UT NHK style pips on hour, first time heard at 1300, usually only heard during earlier KK programs. As Dennis observed, this seemed to have a lot of dead air this morning, e.g. at various checks 1305-1310 with big carrier and
no audio

not so reasonable audio, occasional words or phrases in splash or noise could be
understood by a native speaker:

1269 JOHW woman and man in JJ //1287 at 1303UT; big surprise with relatively low
number of audios this morning

Burbles in the splatter and noise (if lucky, language might be guessed at by
cadence of talk, or parallel established by changes in talk or music) :

891 Asiatic talk?? 1305UT
954 maybe JOKR, too weak to tell 1258UT

Strongish het, no audio (either undermodulated or ravaged by splatter):

774, 1053

--
Nick Hall-Patch
Victoria, BC