-----Original Message-----
From: Rick Dau

Don't know why I didn't think of this earlier, but a couple hours ago, I sorted
through lots of old issues of DX News from around that time, THIS time checking
the DDXD-East column.  In Vol. 60, Issue 14, I found this:

 540  WWCS  PA Canonsburg - 12/14/92 0350-0400 Classical music and several IDs
at 0400 with mention of Pittsburgh and
        Canonsburg, advertisements and back to classical music.  Good signal and
new here.  (Jim Bagge-Springfield, Mass.)

So what it looks like here, Steve, is that either the religious format on WWCS
was short-lived, or that it only aired classical music
during the overnight hours (I think KPOF-910 in Denver does the same thing
nowadays).   Either way, I'm now about 95% certain that the CLA music heard
after CBK's sign-off at 0208 ELT was coming from WWCS.

So that's one solved, but that leaves the mystery station with rock and/or
oldies heard on 540 at the same time.  "Brother Louie" and "Wild Thing" would
certainly be classified as oldies, but "Whipping Post" is a pure album-rock
track, never released as a single.  The first two could've been played on WGTO,
but the last one would've been a good candidate to be in the library of CJSB
(which Shawn Axelrod heard twice during 1992).  Is it possible that I had both
coming in during that half-hour?  That's why I'm hoping that someone who
RECORDED KNAK's test might've heard the same songs, but more clearly (AND with a
ID afterwards) than I did in Iowa City.

73,
Rick Dau
South Omaha, Nebraska