Re: [IRCA] 576?

---- Nick Hall-Patch <nhp@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

   1566  has almost always been badly smeared over a couple
> of Hertz (but centered on 1566.000), and fades in and out more
> "naturally", as well as always disappearing within a few minutes of
> Parakou sunrise, so I'm tending to credit that one with being
> real.  It only appears in the midsummer months, at least over the
> last few years.

During the 1970's when I was very active in MW DX, June/July was always the
optimum time for me to look for the 3 big signals from Benin-1475,
Ivory Coast-1493 and Togo-1502, at their sunrise. I was in Long Island
NY then. I used a HQ-150 and an indoor loop. Togo was easy as WTOP-1500
s/off at 1 am each night.

- Bob