Re: [IRCA] 576?

I'm pretty sure that 576 is a spur, Guy, because it has a fairly constant signal strength, and seems to appear and disappear suddenly. 1566 has almost always been badly smeared over a couple of Hertz (but centered on 1566.000), and fades in and out more "naturally", as well as always disappearing within a few minutes of Parakou sunrise, so I'm tending to credit that one with being real. It only appears in the midsummer months, at least over the last few years. Occasionally I'd get something on 783 at the time as well, but not this year.

1566 started to show the slightest traces a few minutes ago here (0410UT), but there is no sign at all of 576.

best wishes,

Nick