Re: [IRCA] F.S. Icom IC-751A

I made an error in the last email. My Paypal account number/ID is thomasfgiella@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx .

I have for sale an Icom IC-751A.

The IC-751A is an 8 out of 10 cosmetically and 9.99 operationally. The face/bezel of the IC-751A is perfect. The top cover has 4 shallow dings, the left and bottom panels have some shallow scratches. The 9.99 operational rating is due to an intermittent incandescent light bulb in the TS (tuning speed) button, that doesn’t interfere with operation of the rig. All other incandescent light bulbs work fine.

The IC-751A covers and has full output of 100+ watts on 160 through 10 meters, as well as 32 memories. On receive the IC-751A covers 10-31000 kc. The IC-751A has the WARC bands/MARS frequency transmit modification.

The IC-751A comes with a new Piexx ICOM Non-Volatile RAM Module & OS board, HM-36 hand mic, original manual including schematics, homebrewed desk mic, homebrewed AFSK digital modes interface, and DC power cord. The IC-751A comes with 8/3 kc AM filters, 2.6/2.3 SSB filters, 2.6/.5 kc CW filters and 2.3/.5 kc RTTY filters.

The IC-751A does not come with the handle and rubber feet that are normally attached to the sides.

I have used the IC-751A primarily as an SWL receiver. On longwave and mediumwave frequencies it has the best receiver I’ve ever seen on any SWLing receiver. When I turn off the IF DSP on my Icom IC-756 Pro 3, the Icom IC-751A is just as good on receive as the Pro 3, on the ham bands.

If you look on eHam reviews http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/303 of the IC-751A it has received a 5 out of 5 with 96 reviews.

Here is a not so good picture of the rig http://www.wcflunatall.com/icom%20IC-751a.jpg . I can take and send more pictures if you want them.

The rig is very clean inside and out and has been in a non smoking environment. I’m second owner.

I'm asking $600 which includes USPS ground double boxed shipping, handling and insurance, to the lower 48 states. For Alaska, Hawaii and Canada it would be actual shipping costs. For payment I prefer Paypal, but an USPS money order is also fine. My Paypal account number/ID is nz4o@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx .

If you pick up the IC-751A here in Lakeland (central) Florida then the price is $550.

If you have questions you can contact me Thomas F. Giella NZ4O at thomasfgiella@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx .

73 & GUD DX,
Thomas F. Giella, NZ4O
Lakeland, FL, USA
thomasfgiella@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

NZ4O Amateur & SWL Radio Autobiography: http://www.nz4o.com
NZ4O MF/HF/6M (600-6 Meters) Radiowave Propagation Forecast: http://www.solarcycle24.org

---
Virus Database (VPS): 120622-0, 06/22/2012
Tested on: 6/22/2012 12:23:31 PM