[IRCA] WJYp, 1300, WMON, 1340

Hi All:

I forgot to mention in my previous email that, while traveling through West Virginia a couple weeks ago I also noticed, in addition to the change at WBKW, Beckley, that WMON, 1340, Montgomery, was again //WJYP, St. Albans, and no longer // Rock 105.  I did not hear an ID from either station, but they were carrying identical religious programs.  Such a pairiing makes sense as WJYP is on the northwestern edge of the Charleston metro area (an urban area which follows closely the Kanawha valley, while WMON is just southeast of that metro area.  WJYP is a daytime regular here, but with such a poor signal as to only be readable on very cold winter days.  All the big Charleston FMs also make it in here, including Rock 105, so I doubt WMON added anything to their coverage or listenership.

73
David in Albany (Athens area) Ohio