[IRCA] 1220 unID resolved as XEB Mexico City

Thank you to all who listened and caught an XEB 1220 AM ID at 0:16 of the recording. I had heard references later on to Mexico, including something sounding like "Nacional de Mexico" so I was *pretty* certain - but not absolutely certain. This is a new catch. Some of you translated other content. This is really appreciated.  I don't speak Macedonian, either, but this past weekend we had friends visiting Burnt River (ON) who are originally from there and one of them listened to my audio of 810 from a DXpedition to Newfoundland. He not only confirmed the language but noted they mentioned the US-Canada border at Minnesota in a discussion about travel abroad. Kind of neat when you know exactly what's being said. I wish I knew more languages (I'm limited to French, in addition to the obvious). Again, many thanks! Saul From: sauldx@xxxxxxxxxxxx
To: am@xxxxxxxxxxx; amdx@xxxxxxxxxx; amfmtvdx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 04:58:05 +0000
Subject: [NRC-AM] 1220 unID - suspect Mexico

I should have labeled the Subject line. And I've noticed that the audio plays terribly on the site itslef but is fine when downloaded

Anyone who cares to listed and comment - thanks!

I had written: During the March 10 mega-auroral event, I logged what I think is Mexico City on 1220. Anyone wanting to give this one a listen? I had Globo Brazil a little earlier.

www.box.com/shared/069de252f1173adf5c8c

With thanks, Saul ChernosBurnt River ON