Re: [IRCA] Solar Storm

Le 2012-03-07 23:16, neilkaz a écrit :

This must have disappated somewhat by now as is common except for very severe AU.

Honestly last night on the south Double KAZ Antenna was better than this for LA's. Fun to have my almost alone dominant on 910 by R. Metropolitana from Havana, but it was the same last night and might be a regular occurance as all domestics on 910 seem to be behaving.

...and I agree. I've left some unattended recordings for the Perseus this early morning with a duration of 10min each at both ToH & BoH between 5:55 UT and 11:25 UT (00:55-06:25 EST) and after a quick review, the recordings aren't delivering that much indeed :-(

Let's see if tonight's cx will bring some exoticism but apparently, geomagnetic conditions won't be as harsh as they were announced today. So far, the band is extremely noisy and with the heavy rain and winds going on right now, it doesn't help either. However, the die hard 780 Radio Coro is in with good strength while writing this note

I have the following from last night when some auroral conditions were still prevailing at 20:58 EST with WKAQ 580, Puerto Rico against semi-local CFRA. No phasing was involved here:

http://www.quebecdx.com/mp3/puertorico_wkaq_580a.mp3

Sylvain Naud
Portneuf, QC
1500 ft Beverage NE-SW (with termination remotely disconnected)
http://www.quebecdx.com/beverages.html