[IRCA] 1610 tones

I don't know . . . the touchtones sound more like they are running
unintentionally from some device, than recorded. They totally swamp the
audio loop, to where it is barely intelligible. When I get a chance, I'll
stop by the welcome center and ask . . . but the people there likely won't
have a clue. This particular TIS once went about 2 years with 24/7 dial
tone! And another year or so w/OC, no mod. And another year off altogether.
(Does anyone pay any attention to these rural TISs? All it ever says is to
visit the PennDOT website for info.) // BTW, the continuous touchtones this
TIS is broadcasting make it an interesting DX target-very distinctive. I'm
astonished at the distance I can hear this TIS b/c of the tones, which fade
in/out thru CHHA at night. It's like they are broadcasting their own "morse"
for a DX test! Can anyone else hear it in the PA-OH-WV-MD area?

Fred Schroyer - Violonista Canhoto

Freelance Writer/Editor/Book Developer

Waynesburg, PA 15370

ibfreditor@xxxxxxxxx