Re: [IRCA] New AM Signal In The Pacific

On Mar 6, 2012, at 2:54 PM, Dennis Vroom wrote:

> Bill,
>
> Thank you for posting the links to your Grayland audio and logs.
> Your 621 recording sounds like it could be Tuvalu?  Hopefully one
> of the experienced DU dxers can ID for you.  Your log  book was
> very impressive.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Dennis,
> Kalama, WA

---

Thanks Dennis.

After looking at GeoClock and listening to TOH and BOH cuts from the same date from 05-10ut I'd bet what I heard was Tuvalu but about the best audio is still what I sent the URL to.  So prop fits and it sure 'sounds' like a Polynesian language but I think I'll wait for another Grayland trip to get totally excited.

Cx were not the best this year - at least not compared to what Guy Atkins and I heard in Feb. 2010:

<http://realmonitor.com/am_logs_grayland.php>

... but, as someone else has said -- "Even bad conditions at Grayland beat just about anyplace else!"

I got a little lazy [or in a hurry] too and tried to get away with one-element DKAZ antennas [one at 240 and one at 335 deg.]  They're really good but to really knock down the domestic crud you need two elements to phase the heck out of it.

Next time ...