Re: [IRCA] New AM Signal In The Pacific

On Mar 6, 2012, at 2:15 AM, Patrick Martin wrote:

> Dennis,
>
> I heard 621 about 0700-0800 UTC. Tonight, only a het there at 0600, so
> far.
>
> 73,
>
> Patrick
>
> Patrick Martin
> Seaside OR
> KGED QSL Manager

---

I was in Grayland on Feb. 21-23 -- well my Perseus was there, I was only there part of the time.

I had a unID on 621 at 0700ut on 2/21 that I was tempted to call Radio Rhema from NZ but after being alerted to this from Walt Salmaniw, I'm going back to look at/listen to wav files a bit more closely.

Here's a short sample of what I had on 621 - across TOH ... splatter courtesy of KPOJ:

<http://realmonitor.com/grayland5/120221/0700/unID-621.wav>

and here's what Tonga on 1017 sounded like at the same time:

<http://realmonitor.com/grayland5/120221/0700/tonga-1017.wav>

Conditions were not great but nor was the weather or my mauling of a new antenna design I was trying.

Other things I heard in Grayland during this visit are on this page:

<http://realmonitor.com/am_logs_grayland5.php>

Bill Whitacre
Alexandria, VA