Re: [IRCA] 1710 KHz TiS Station

On Sunday 19 February 2012 09:30:51 Tim Tromp wrote:
> This TIS has been a nightly visitor here since it was first reported the
> other night.  It comes in at the same level as the Radio Celestial pirate.
> So the question remains, is this a new TIS station or did something change
> allowing it to be widely heard?  I frequently monitor 1710 and haven't
> heard this TIS before it was first reported on the lists.

I'm quite sure I would've noticed them before as well, so I suspect it's a
new transmitter that just came on the air (or was moved to a new location)
this past week.  Whether the other four transmitters listed on their license
are also on the air is anybody's guess.

I couldn't find an email address, but if anyone feels like calling to find
out more, this appears to be the appropriate person to contact:

Hudson County Office of Emergency Management (OEM)
Coordinator: Jack Burns
Phone: 201-319-3871

Barry

--