Re: [IRCA] Cumulus shifting KGO to News

Cumulus just came in and fired everyone is what I heard. KGO will never
be a top rated station again. I don't envy the receptionist at KGO come
Monday. The calls will flood the station. KGO had regular listeners from
Alaska to Mexico. Millions listened to the station. To just throw out a
format they have had for nearly 60 years is insane. I agree, going head
to head with KCBS is not going to be easy. I wonder where KGO's Air
talent will end up? I know most were in their 60s & 70s, but still I
cannot imagine Ray not being on the air.  I wonder with KGO changing
format, if someone else will pick it up. Cumulus probably bought KSFO
too. Time will tell. But this really a sad day in radio. KGO's talk
shows are live and local too.

Patrick

Patrick Martin
Seaside OR