[IRCA] The 1510 HET

Those of us in the Midwest have been aware of the long-time Het on 1510 caused by an off-frequency station. Last night I was decoding the band on my Perseus and listening to clear audio and the het. It disappeared at exactly 1:45 Coordinated Universal Time, on the aircheck I had made this summer.

Checking with the FCC for Sunset times, there was only one 1510 station that switched at 1:45. That's KCTE Independence Missouri.

That recording was made mid-summer.  Wonder if they're still off-frequency?

Regards,

Mark Durenberger