From: Robert Ross <va3sw@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: John Fisher <jfisher8@xxxxxxxxx>; IRCA AM List <irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sun, Oct 16, 2011 7:52 am
Subject: Re: [IRCA] Build Your Own (Reasonably Priced) FSL Antenna

On 2011-10-16, at 10:07 AM, John Fisher wrote:

Rob,

You could have told them it was a passive MRI device (LOL). Might
have saved
you some money on taxes and duties, if it was for medical use?

John

Ya know John....They are actually lightening up a bit it seems the past few years!!! 90 % of the time I don't have to pay any Taxes or Duties on Packages coming in to Canada!! Looks like FREE TRADE may actually be kicking in Finally!! Even Cross Border Shoplifting is getting a lot less painless........we go over
at Port Huron and buy Groceries and Clothes quite often.......even with
$300-$400 Bucks declared they just wave you through!!

I wasn't worried about paying Duty on the FSL....that's NO Problem!! I was worried about them sending it to ZONE 51 in The Nevada Desert and imploding
it!!! HAHHAHAHAHA...

I know one thing for sure.......I'll NEVER try to take an FSL on an Airplane!!! I'm sure that would result in an immediate Trip Cancellation!! HAHAHAHAA....Plus
your Bag would be seriously OVER the weight Limit!!

Ain't DXing Fun.....

73...ROB VA3SW

Robert S. Ross
London, Ontario CANADA