[IRCA] Alberta TPs for 3 Oct 2011

After reading all the glowing reports from out west, my results seem pretty meagre! Oddly, 1575 was out of character here too, in that it was the strongest TP, by a fair margin, and seemingly the only Asian audio. Heard typical VOA type talk in an Asian language soon after 1300, but there did appear to be a second station in there at times, playing music. Also unusual was a strong carrier on 801 khz. Stong enough that I might have been able to squeeze a little audio out of it if not for the strong splatter from CHAB on 800. All other audio was DU, with 702, 738, and 828 all reaching threshold audio levels. 891, 846, and the aforementioned 801 were also very close.

73,

Nigel Pimblett
Dunmore, Alberta