Re: [IRCA] 1550 CBE

I heard that interruption in signal during the local weather following CBC
news and did not return to listen. If this is indeed the end, what an
undignified end to 61 years of service-- with on-again, off-again program
interruptions followed by dead air. RIP, CBE!
73     Bill Dvorak     Madison  WI

In a message dated 9/30/2011 11:25:40 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
scott@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

On  10/1/2011 12:20 AM, Chernos Saul wrote:

> That regular CBC  national programming, still in after midnight news. I
wonder what's going  on.Geneva WI played Whiter Shade of Pale in case anyone
heard that, also the  Spanish station in OH. Saul
>   >  Date: Fri, 30 Sep  2011 23:54:15 -0400
>> From: dhochfelder@xxxxxxxxxx
>> To:  irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> Subject: [IRCA] 1550  CBE
>>
>> Sounds like they're having fun tonight. Great  program with great sixties
>> oldies and commentary.  Way to go  out...

That's the regular CBC national programming, hosted by Randy  Bachmann
(of Bachmann Turner Overdrive fame) - and it just went dead at  0025 EDT.
Still a carrier  up.

original  contributors and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the IRCA,
its  editors, publishing staff, or officers

For more information:  http://www.ircaonline.org