Re: [IRCA] WPAY apparently doesn't

On 9/23/2011 10:08 PM, David Faulkner wrote:
Hi All:

I was tuning around the FM dial today and stopped by the old area
powerhouse, WPAY, which gets out extremely well.  Lo and behold, no
more WPAY-FM on 104.1.  Though playing cw, they ID'ed as WNKU, and
were doing Cincy traffic reports.  Their TOH ID listed not only FMs
at 89.7, 104.1 and 105.9 (Middletown) but also WPFB AM-910.  I used
to be able to hear WPFB here when the Marietta 910 was silent during
the middle 1990s, then under them when they came back on.  But WLTP
so dominates the channel now that there's nothing under it.

The Braden family sold WPAY-FM and WPFB-FM/WPFB(AM) to Northern Kentucky University within the past year. WPAY-FM's new calls are WNKE and WPFB-FM's are WNKN, and both are full-time simulcasts of WNKU 89.7 Highland Heights KY. WPFB(AM) is also simulcasting WNKU, but it's for sale.

WPAY(AM) is apparently dead. It was not part of the sale to NKU, and I've heard of no plans to put it back on the air.