Re: [IRCA] 1500 kHz Lewis McCord

John,

That is what I reported for several months that CBXQ was about
non-existant, after being a regular here 24/7. I finally could barely
hear it, as checking // with 690-CBU. But they were very weak.  At S4
during the day after it signed on in the late 60s. Now  they are back in
signal. Has been back for a few weeks. So they had some issue. CBXQ is
located at the Boat Basin in Ucluelet. You will see the blue small
building where is says property of the CBC, with a longwire going out
towards the ocean. Sits right on the water. A dandy ground & antenna!  I
have a pix of them back in 1974. I drove out there just to see the
location as I have always been amazed how well it gets out. Infact when
I was there in 1974, I got the 2nd harmonic on 1080 strong in town.
Tofino was on 860 in those days, but I never heard it on the coast. Just
540, which is still there daily.
  Yes, I heard KSWB/KAST/KVAS (now KKEE) all strong during the day
there.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin