Re: [IRCA] RG11

Pat:

Standard Belden RG6 (8215 or 7915) runs .399 and .195 dB loss respectively per 100 feet.

Standard Belden RG11 (8213, 8238, 8261) runs .200, .198 and .198 dB loss respectively per 100 feet.

So you may or may not be better off with RG11, and if you are better off it will be .1 to .2 dB better. At 6 dB per S unit, you'll never ever ever (ever) see or hear the difference. Ever.

Were I you: if cows, people and other creatures are damaging your coax, I'd look for the direct burial coax and make that be the determining factor while forgetting about loss.

Chuck