Re: [IRCA] RG11

I would second the Cat 5e approach. I've done a number of controlled tests and it outperforms RG-58 hands down, MW thru 10 meters, for noise performance and signal loss. With shorter runs (50 feet or so) I haven't needed baluns.

Mark Durenberger

-----Original Message----- From: Craig Healy

Rather than use RG-11 I'd probably buy RG-8 that is suitable for being
buried.  Even RG-58 would be OK if it's under 100 feet or so.  It can be
bought with connectors already installed.  Plug and play.

Another test I made is making a balun for each end and using CAT5 ethernet
network cable.  It's balanced and gathers less noise or unwanted signals on
the way in. Also cheap and very easy to build.