[IRCA] Dominican Republic DXing

I will be visiting the eastern tip of The Dominican Republic this summer.
Any suggestions where I might hear English broadcasting on medium wave?
Any insight regarding what to expect to hear from the US at night?
Are there active stations on medium wave in The Antilles anymore?
Anything you would like me to checkout for you?
Would it be worth it to bring a shortwave portable (Sony ICF-7600) or simply stick with an ultralight AM/FM?
I will not be able to put up any external antennas.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts,  Karl Zuk  N2KZ