[IRCA] FSL Antenna vs Select-A-Tenna vs PVC loop vs 7.5" plug-in loopstick?

[IRCA] FSL Antenna vs Select-A-Tenna vs PVC loop vs 7.5" plug-in loopstick?

I'd like to know... how much gain does the FSL 7.5" loopstick or various PVC frame loops provide, compared to my Select-A-Tenna, or to my SAT + utility ground combination that I sometimes use?

Here's a few comparisons with the PL-606 barefoot and with the SAT.  (I'm not noticing any rhythmic pulsating reception on the weak ones.)
http://www.mediafire.com/?bt2y2wnji2cgwlb - 830 KLAA - barefoot (32,25) then with Select-A-Tenna (54,25)
http://www.mediafire.com/?kw3brbprsp7u5ki - 930 KHJ - barefoot (21,13-16) then with Select-A-Tenna (42,22 - 43,25)
http://www.mediafire.com/?9r28jnur48eqy14 - 960 KIXW - barefoot (27,00 but it is still audible) then with Select-A-Tenna (34,18)
KIXW-960, 5kW ND, is about 122 miles away, and I'm about 33% past Radio-Locator's 0.15mV/m "fringe" contour for the station.
http://www.mediafire.com/?uc8u8i6u7mssgpm - 1450 KFSD - barefoot (30,25) then with Select-A-Tenna (51,25)
http://www.mediafire.com/?5vj7o7d73qj6wu3 - 1620 WNSB415 - barefoot (22,18) then with Select-A-Tenna (40,25)

As for adding utility ground (which I mentioned above), I didn't make any comparison recordings, but here are a few RSSI,S/N comparisons between the barefoot PL-606 vs adding the Select-A-Tenna and the utility groundwire, inductively coupled...

540 XESURF - 54,25 vs 91,25 (+37 dBµ)
740 KBRT - 47,25 vs 84,25 (+37 dBµ)
830 KLAA - 33,25 vs 71,25 (+38 dBµ)
1040 KURS - 49,25 vs 88,25 (+39 dBµ)
1360 KLSD - 67,25 vs 98,25 (+31 dBµ, pegged the meter)
1470 XERCN - 59,25 vs 96,25 (+37 dBµ)
1550 XEBG - 34,25 vs 85,25 (+51 dBµ)
1620 WNSB415 - 22,18 vs 60,25 (+38 dBµ)
1630 XEUT - 43,25 vs 86,25 (+43 dBµ)
I could hear distortion on-channel with KLSD at 96 dBµ, which was worse with KLSD's meter-pegging 98 dBµ.  With 760 KFMB at night, it's so severe that audio modulation, let alone programming, is nearly impossible to discern, as in this example recorded at sunset power change several months ago: http://www.mediafire.com/?jkjdjwrlvfy6f4p
The 2nd harmonic, 1520 kHz, at utility ground (with SAT) on a main street north of my house reads 83,25:  https://picasaweb.google.com/PianoPlayer88Key/TecsunPL606#5598353696505340578
760 KFMB is 7.3 miles from me at a bearing of 321° (reverse 141°).  I haven't been able to use KFMB as a barefoot (distance) comparison yet, but to get similar readings on the barefoot PL-606 with 590 KTIE (when I was in the area), I had to get fairly close to a tower:  https://picasaweb.google.com/PianoPlayer88Key/TecsunPL606#5597872632403853218
I've even gotten 98,25 on 1170 KCBQ's 2nd harmonic (2340 kHz) with that utility+ground setup, even though they're 9.3 miles away from here:  https://picasaweb.google.com/PianoPlayer88Key/TecsunPL606#5598356123681756594
It seems to me that if an antenna will provide a signal level several miles away that with just the ULR's stock antenna I have to be maybe a few feet or couple hundred feet away (depending on transmitter power), it provides some really SERIOUS gain. :-)
I also was able to get 97,25 on 1580 KMIK near here one night with that same setup, even though I'm about 300 miles away (bearing of 79° to them, reverse 262°).  Here's a photo of the same reading near a 1290 KKDD tower for distance comparison:  https://picasaweb.google.com/PianoPlayer88Key/TecsunPL606#5597873169625893938

I don't (yet) have recordings of those comparisons, but how would some other antennas (FSL, 7.5" plug-in loopstick, PVC loops) compare?  (I wonder how various radios would behave with 1450-KSUH in Puyallup with the 9' loop, 8" FSL 7.5" loopstick and utility ground (the wire, usually under a wooden strip, running down some utility poles) all combined, for example? ;-) )

Also, would a PVC air-core loop or a single larger loopstick give me better bang for my buck than a FSL or my Select-A-Tenna? ;-)

73,

Stephen (near El Cajon / La Mesa, CA)